- Europe Inside-Out: Europe and Europeanness Exposed to Plural Observers (7th Edition) April 28 - 29, 2017
- Re-Inventing Eastern Europe (The 6th Edition) January 27 - 28, 2017
- Identities and Identifications: Politicized Uses of Collective Identities (Fifth Edition) December 9 - 10, 2016
- The Fifth Euroacademia Forum of Critical Studies: Asking Big Questions Again November 11 - 12, 2016
- The European Union and the Politicization of Europe (Fifth Edition) October 14 - 15, 2016
- Europe Inside-Out: Europe and Europeanness Exposed to Plural Observers (Sixth Edition) May 20 - 21, 2016
- Identities and Identifications: Politicized Uses of Collective Identities (Fourth Edition) March 4 - 5, 2016
- Re-Inventing Eastern Europe (The Fifth Edition) January 29 - 30, 2016
- The European Union and the Politicization of Europe (Fourth Edition) November 27 - 28, 2015
- The Fourth Forum of Critical Studies: Asking Big Questions Again November 13 - 15, 2015
28 – 29 April 2017
5* Hotel Infante Sagres, Porto, Portugal
CALL FOR PANELS AND PAPERS
Deadline: 15th of March 2017
Europe became in the 20th century an elaborated yet contested notion as a particular field of European studies emerged and extensive and diverse research was directed recently towards an intensified search for what Europe is about. The creation of the European Union made things even more specialized and increased the stake of methodological rigor as more and more Europeans are affected by the decisions taken in Brussels. The number, diversity and quality of research projects focused on European issues is unprecedented, yet, as it is usually the case with specialization it gradually led to discursive communities that rarely meet and debate their approaches in open floors together with peers from other continents, academic traditions and cultures. It is the aim of this conference to build a bridge among specialists from different regions, academic traditions and cultures that share a common interest in studying and addressing Europe as a reflexive concern. The current political and cultural context requires even more nowadays a deeper reflection on the future of Europe.
What is Europe and its place in the world? Is there something particular that sediments in time a ‘European way’? How does Europe see itself and how do others see it? Is Europe inclusive or club-based exclusive? Is Europe becoming a normative power or just envisages itself as one? Is the European multiculturalism a fact or an ideal? Is the European Union a reflection of Europe or an appropriation of it? These are just few questions out of an enormous space for inquiry that are to be addressed and confronted within the topic of the conference.
The Euroacademia International Conference ‘Europe Inside-Out: Europe and Europeanness Exposed to Plural Observers’ became a regular event to take place in every year in a different European location. After six successful editions – in Vienna, Paris, Prague, Athens, Barcelona and Nice – Euroacademia moves the stage of reflection, sharing, dialogue, debate and research dissemination on Europe to Porto . Join us!
New Proposed Panels